Obstetrics: Your Pregnancy Before & After
The Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health’s Obstetrics program – based at University of Colorado Hospital – provides expecting mothers with several avenues of comprehensive care throughout the pregnancy and delivery process.
Our expert teams work to provide a smooth, routine labor and delivery, backed by experienced pediatric and adult subspecialty services for high-risk deliveries should the need arise. With the labor and delivery of more than 3,000 babies each year, we are proud to be a state-of-the-art program and trusted source of support for moms and families during one of the most emotional and rewarding experiences of their lives.
We offer three options for obstetrical prenatal care, based on your needs:
University Obstetrics (University OB)
University OB, the private OB practice at the Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health, combines the best of both worlds: the feel of a small private practice in which the doctors know their patients personally; and access to the advanced medical care and resources found in a nationally-ranked academic medical center.
While each doctor brings a unique focus and area of expertise to the group, the collective result is a professional team that will be with you every step of the way. When you choose University OB for your care, we ensure that you meet all six physicians during the course of your pregnancy – and when it comes time to deliver, one of us will be with you.
University OB is based on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora and at University Internal Medicine and Specialty Care at Lowry.
Meet your physician team.
University Women’s Care
Professional obstetric providers at University of Colorado Hospital offer premier OB care to expectant mothers through a host of services and programs. Our experienced, expert teams and advanced practice providers (such as nurse practitioners and midwives) are specially trained to meet the needs of mother and baby.
Under the supervision of University Women’s Care providers, our in-training Resident Practice team of physicians provides OB general care throughout your pregnancy. As a teaching hospital, University of Colorado offers this care as part of the Colorado Institute for Maternal and Fetal Health’s OB program.
OB care to meet your needs
As a patient, not only are you cared for by professional OB specialists at the No. 1-ranked hospital in Colorado (by U.S. News and World Report), you also have access to a network of skilled maternal and fetal health physicians and surgeons should you or your baby require advanced care before and after birth. Our full OB offerings include:
• Genetic testing and counseling
• Pre-conception counseling
• Prenatal care
• Prenatal education classes (Learn more)
• Pregnancy and postpartum emotional support
• On-site ultrasound
• Labor and delivery (Learn more)
• Care for high-risk pregnancy
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) specialized care (Learn more)
• Breastfeeding support (Learn more)
• Family planning
Your prenatal care provider can connect you to programs and services to meet individual needs, such as:
• Maternal-fetal medicine specialists for high-risk pregnancies (Learn more)
• Midwifery services and water birth options (Learn more)
• Teen pregnancy guidance at the Colorado Adolescent Maternity Program (CAMP)
• Emotional health support and assistance with the PROMISE Clinic through your University provider (Learn more)
• Nitrous oxide treatment: A new service for women in labor to manage painful contractions, the treatment is offered as an alternative to epidurals and narcotic analgesics that is proven safe for both mother and baby.
The depth and breadth of services offered at our Institute, as well as access to the latest research and most advanced technology available through the joint partnership, provides everything needed for both routine labor and deliveries and treatment for high-risk mothers and babies. For women facing a high-risk pregnancy, please review our NICU program page for more information.